Part I
I don't think that uninspired is the word to describe my lack of blogging lately. I am constantly inspired by my current world around me. My baby gets cuter and bigger every day. He is literally doing something new every day now that has me loving him even more. It's also pretty outside.
No, uninspired isn't it.
Here's what I think it is: Have you ever been in a room or needed to tidy a desk or countertop that was really messy? If you're like me, you go into that room or up to that surface and stand there looking at it not knowing where to begin. You get super overwhelmed and end up either adding to that mess or moving on to something else allowing that mess to grow and grow until it's a huge project that takes an afternoon.
Perhaps I just openly diagnosed myself with ADHD.
Back to the metaphor, I have this adorable baby and husband who are so cute and doing so much that I literally have thousands (yes more than one thousand) pictures of them that I want to post (Don't worry, I won't post them all). Next, it's pretty outside and I have a garden (well, one Amarylis that has recently bloomed). This is new and exciting for me. On top of that, I am convinced that my brain moves faster than most. I have thoughts and ideas shooting through it regularly and I have a hard time keeping up sometimes! I want to share all of these things that are piling up on my countertop kind of life.
So what do I do? I sit in front of the computer and I don't blog. Obviously, this is not getting anything done.
Therefore, while it's in season, I decided to do a little blog spring cleaning. I am going to go back to the basics of when I started the blog. I am going to follow a weekly format. Afterall, I want to enjoy blogging. If I'm not enjoying it, then you won't be and if I'm stressing out about it, I won't enjoy it!
Will my format change? Maybe. Probably. Will I one day pick up the number of times I blog per week? Perhaps. We're going to start small and work our way up. I think it's going to be refreshing and fun. Afterall, I love organizing and cleaning! So here's where we'll start and we'll see how this goes! And, they will not all be this long I promise!
Part II (This will be where most blog posts start) Week 1 4/3-4/9 Cameron is 8 months old this week! Sunday 4/3 My mom and dad are in town. Yay! Cameron is having a blast with them (as am I). We have a lovely visit and some cuban sandwiches with my dad's cousin (and in that case, my cousin too!).
That night I went to make one of my few really good meals that I make (roasted rosemary and lemon chicken). Did you know that I cook now? I do. Also, when I cook, it's usually really healthy stuff. This is something I'd like to blog about one day. When I opened the chicken it was rotten and it STUNK. So we got a new chicken from the really nice Publix employees. Shopping really is a pleasure there. Anyway, after that we decided to go to C.D. Roma's for dinner and have the chicken tomorrow. We ended that day with a lovely "Where the Wild Things Are" bedtime story. Cameron loved it!
Monday 4/4 Today was my Grandma Bertha's funeral. She passed away in November. She was in her 90's and lived a long life. She got to pass away peacefully and with her son nearby which is what she wanted. It was a nice funeral. I thought a spring funeral was very fitting for her. She loved pink. Afterwards, we visited and had a small reception back at the house.
Cameron went to the funeral too. He looked extremely handsome in his tie.
Tuesday 4/5 My parents leave to go home. Tear. As soon as my parents leave, my baby learns to CRAWL!
Okay. Seriously. He's crawling guys. Moving from here to there on his own. Bella is thrilled (sarcasm). His favorite things to crawl after are any pair of shoes (whether on someone's foot or not) and any dog toy, but preferably the one that is currently in Bella's mouth.
I feel like we've entered into an entirely new world. I feel like I can't believe this is going on so quickly. I feel... exhausted.
Other than that it was pretty normal. We all went for a family run on the trail and hung out together. I love normal.
Wednesday 4/6 More crawling. Cameron loves to go get his ball and he loves Bella even more. Today was also a big day because Cameron grew a goatie
Just kidding. Bella thinks that her bed we bought for her is a chew toy and she loves to rip the stuffing out. As stated before, if it's in Bella's mouth, Cameron wants to give it a try. He's so proud.
That afternoon we went for a family run downtown followed by a trip to Cassis Bakery. That night we had a super fun dinner with Joe and Cherilyn (some of our favorites) at Tijuana Flats (one of our favorites). Then we came home to show off our new crawling moves.
Thursday 4/7 Today is Cameron's 8 month birthday! Crawling has turned into more of a Quasimodo (aka Hunchback of Notre Dame) scoot where we use a foot and opposite leg to move. It's quite hilarious. We also work on perfecting our yoga moves. Particularly downward facing dog.
Friday 4/8 Cameron is teething. Hard. He takes a long nap. We wake up and go to our Friday outing (ahem, Target). Here we help the Easter Bunny shop (more on that later this month). Then Cameron gets a fever. 101 degrees. It's Friday and that is the number that is the borderline between teething fever and sick fever so we call the doctor and she tells us to come in. So we do. Then she gives us the good news that it doesn't look like the "sick" kind of fever. A dose of IBU profen totally did the trick! Then we have Jason and Alicia (some more favorites) for dinner. They are some really close kinds of friends that it's okay to just hang out with and they don't mind if your baby is cranky or needs to have a night in, it's still fun. So we snuggle on the couch and hang out.
Saturday 4/9 Today we went for a run with some more of our favorites, the Petersons. This is a fun Saturday morning tradition. Today was particularly special because 1. I found a five dollar bill in the road (come on, that's just fun!) and 2. I finished the whole loop today. That's 6 miles. I hadn't been able to do that for a while and it felt so good to do it again! After our run we went to Beverly's and had some great food and went to a bit of a flag football game to watch some of the soccer boys play. The rest of the day was ours to just hang out, nap and do whatever we wanted. We wanted to sleep, so we did!
Now that Cameron has you on the move, you decide to blog?!! Are you nuts. This is the time you should BE a slacker!!! You can always pick it back up later. Just post a few pics to keep us up with whats going on.
ReplyDeleteWe love you, kid!!
Ha ha. That does sound like an oxymoron. Love you too!
ReplyDelete