Saturday, February 12, 2011

Code Brown!

We have a saying around our house. Whenever Cameron has a particularly dirty diaper, you know, the explosive kind, we yell:

CODE BROWN!

This typically means that there is brown somewhere besides inside his diapers. I will admit that we have started to steer away from these codes since moving to solid foods. While they are still not very fun, they aren't quite as explosive.

A couple of nights ago, Lukas was at home beginning the bedtime routine. He starts to change Cameron's diaper when I hear:

CODE BROWN. Typically that's the end of distress call, so I laugh, get up and head to the back to assist. This time however, I hear more. Aaah, oh no, HELP! As I get into the room I see Lukas tending to the diaper and I see my son's head and the changing pad above his head drenched. Cameron had done what all boys do at one time or another and did his best impression of a fountain not wearing a diaper.

Does Cameron care? No. I help clean up and I go back to cleaning the kitchen, giggling to myself.

Thinking that our son is empty and cleaned Lukas picks him up to carry him to the bathtub. Then I hear more. Oh no, HELP!

I go in the back and Lukas is now drenched all down the front because Cameron decided he was not done peeing. I get Lukas a shirt, laugh inside and go back to the kitchen.

Am I done? No. I hear the water start and then I hear more. Apparently, the hot water heater had run out and only cold water was coming out. So I turn on the water heater just short of hysterical laughter. Then I hear it again. OH NO!

My son has miraculously filled and emptied his bladder again onto my husband. Before going back this time I said, enough is enough...

And I grabbed the camera!

1 comment:

  1. Hee-hee! I learned the hard way (just knew about girls you know) when I babysat a friend's infant son. From then on I knew to put a diaper over the "fountain" while getting everything back on. He christened my brand new couch.........at least Lukas could change his shirt......LOL

    ReplyDelete