Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summertime

It's my favorite. While it doesn't lend much time for blogging due to how busy we are, it does make us very very happy.

Since having the baby shower and mom going home, a lot has happened in the world of the Heftys.

The week after the shower we had a lot of fun watching our nephew Keenan for the week. We went to swim lessons, library classes, open gymnastics, and other fun things. It was a lot of fun spending time with a three year old and I think that it provided for some good practice.





Friday night, of last week, Lukas sprained his ankle HORRIBLY while playing soccer. It seriously looked as though he had a grapefruit growing out of the side of his ankle and I was CONVINCED that it was broken. After the doctor's brilliant diagnosis of "I don't know if it's a torn ligament but it is swollen." (Duh) we left the emergency room with crutches and a pretty pitiful appearance as a couple with us both waddling around.

The very next day, we left for our last trip away from home before Baby Hefty is born. Some of our favorites and ourselves climbed into the car and drove up to the baby farm in Georgia where my entire family lives. We watched a lot of World Cup, toured a dairy factory where we had to wear funny hair nets, went to Stone Mountain, did a civil war cycleorama, went to Dave and Busters, explored the farm, celebrated Independence Day, played games, relaxed a lot, and ATE. We ate so much food.






Playing with my sister's kids is a lot of fun...





And Baby Isaac was very sad for us to leave (as were we).


Now, we relax, finish our nursery, and hang out for the rest of the summer until baby Hefty arrives next month.

Survey
How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Well a trip to the baby farm definitely helped toward the weight gain. :)
Maternity clothes? Yes
Sleep: No. I wake up all the time.
Best moments this past week: Too many to count!
Food cravings: I don't crave anything because I eat so constantly.
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: I think I've started the Braxton Hicks contractions. Fun.
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Sleeping
Words of Wisdom: Have fun while being pregnant.

And now the baby is...

A honeydew melon. He is about 20 inches long and around 5 pounds. He has his fingernails, and they are reaching the ends of his little fingertips. He is fattening up really nicely and getting ready to come out and meet everyone! He also loves to stick his limbs out of my side which feels really good.. ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment